Popular Articles

Macron finds his backbone as churches stalked in France

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Click an icon above to share, email, or save this article

Prior to his murderous rampage in Vienna, Kujtim Fejzulai took to Instagram to pledge his allegiance to ISIS

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Click an icon above to share, email, or save this article

ISIS Terrorist Tricked Austrian Minders, Killed 4 In Vienna

A brazen attack that started near a Vienna synagogue and stalked a busy shopping district for nine minutes left four innocents dead and 23 wounded on Monday night, before the gunman was neutralized by police.  The shooter, a 20-year-old with Austrian and North Macedonian dual citizenship named Kujtim Fejzulai, was sentenced to 22 months in prison in April 2019 for trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State, but was released in December after enrolling in a deradicalization program.

Austria’s interior minister, Karl Nehammer, said the attacker was released from jail because he “managed to deceive the judiciary’s deradicalization program” called Derad, according to the Associated Press. Nehammer announced that Fejzulai “was equipped with a dummy explosive belt and an automatic long gun, a handgun, and a machete.”

The attack took place at six crime scenes in the last few hours Austrians could visit bars and restaurants before the country’s new coronavirus lockdown took effect. Three victims of the attack who died at the scenes were described by the BBC as a 24 year old student killed in front of the restaurant where she waitressed; a 21 year old male who was a painter and soccer player ait FC Bisamberg; and a 39 year old man cut down in front of a fast food outlet. A 44 year old woman who worked for a local firm died in hospital.

“We are seeing a fault line in our system. There was a premature release of a radicalized person,” Nehammer said, according to The Guardian, which reported that the director of Derad, Moussa al-Hassan Diaw, has rejected reports that his program had declared the Vienna attacker safe, saying “Until a deradicalization program is stopped completely, there is always an element of risk.” Vienna police said on Twitter authorities had raided 18 houses and had made 14 arrests, “aged 16-28 with a migrant background”, in connection to the attack. Swiss police arrested two others who allegedly had personally met with Fejzulai.

Meanwhile police in Slovakia revealed they had tipped off Austrian authorities about “suspects from Austria “trying to buy ammunition for a Kalashnikov AK-47 assault rifle in July, who were refused due to having no licence. Nehammer said the information had been investigated by the BVT domestic intelligence agency but no further action had been taken, admitting “Something obviously went wrong in communication.”

Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz insisted the European Union must “focus much more strongly on the problem of political Islam in the future”. He said he had spoken to France’s Emmanuel Macron and many others to coordinate those efforts. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he spoken to Kurz and told him: “The people of Israel stand with Austria… against the savagery of Islamist terrorism. We are cooperating in every way, with our intelligence and every other way we can.”

Macron declares France “won’t surrender anything” to Islamic terror

At least six people have been arrested as the investigation into the murder of three French nationals at a church in Nice continues. President Macron labeled it as an “Islamist terrorist attack”, and deployed 4000 troops to protect schools and churches. He declared, “If we are attacked once again it is for the values which are ours: freedom, for the possibility on our soil to believe freely and not to give in to any spirit of terror…  I say it with great clarity once again today: we won’t surrender anything.”

Surveillance cameras tracked 21 year old Brahim Aouissaoui, as he traveled by train from Rome on Oct 27, and was seen near the targeted Notre Dame Basilica prior to his attack on the morning of October 29 that left the church sexton, a worshipper who was decapitated, and another woman dead. He was shot and wounded by police, who have yet to interrogate him in hospital. A large knife was used to butcher the Catholic victims and he was found with two more knives and a Qur’an in a backpack.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi warned of “Islamo-fascism” and said the suspect had “repeated endlessly ‘Allahu Akbar'”. Four years ago, Nice was the scene of a gruesome terrorist attack when a Tunisian drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day, killing 86 people.

Get thej.ca a Pro Israel Voice by Email. Never miss a top story that effects you, your family & your community

Aouissaoui was denied asylum in mid-October by Italian authorities after traveling from Tunisia, and then disappeared. A 29-year-old Tunisian man was arrested on Saturday in Grasse, and two other men aged 63 and 25 were later taken in for questioning from the same address. They join two men aged 33 and 35 picked up on Saturday and a 47-year-old who has been held since Thursday.

The church murders were the latest in a dangerous ramping up of Islamic violence in France. On September 26 two people were wounded with a cleaver in Paris outside the former office of the satirical publication Charlie Hebdo. On October 16, a man beheaded Samuel Paty, a secondary school teacher who used controversial cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed published by the magazine in his classes; police apprehended and fatally shot the perpetrator.  On October 31, a Greek Orthodox priest was shot twice in Lyon, with no suspect yet in hand.

BDSers attempt deception to undermine Ontario implementation of IHRA standard

After being bowled over by the accelerated adoption of the internationally recognized definition of antisemitism by the Ford government, anti-Israel BDS promoters declared a government MPP had assured them it hadn’t actually been adopted in full. One such group posted: 

“New statements from Ontario MPPs suggest that when Ontario suddenly adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) Working Definition of Antisemitism, that it also adopted the IHRA’s controversial “illustrative examples” which conflate Israel and Zionism with antisemitism. This contradicts previous claims by Ontario MPP Kaleed Rasheed, who had told Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East (CJPME) and other civil society organizations in a Zoom meeting that the examples had been excluded.”

The Progressive Conservative MPP for York Centre, Roman Baber, has been a leading voice calling for stricter measures to fight antisemitism.

Ontario MPP Roman Baber, a sponsor of the pro-IHRA Bill 168, which the Order-in-Council effectively supplanted, dismissed the antics of the radical activists.

“Mr. Rasheed advised in writing that ‘This [account by CJMPE] is not accurate, it does not reflect my views or comments and it has been removed from the CJPME website.”

“The Order in Council explicitly provides that the ‘Government of Ontario adopts and recognizes the Working Definition of Anti-Semitism, as adopted by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) Plenary on May 26, 2016.’”, Baber explained. “The Illustrative Examples helped form the Plenary’s definition, are referenced in the Plenary’s definition, and are therefore part and parcel of the definition.” 

Along with allied groups like Independent Jewish Voices and the Palestinian Canadian Congress, CJPME claims the IHRA definition is a major threat to free speech, political expression, and academic freedom in Ontario. Baber gives that no weight.

“This is a major step in the fight against anti-Semitism and a big win for Ontario’s Jewish Community.”

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Click an icon above to share, email, or save this article

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Click an icon above to share, email, or save this article

Read More

Thank you for choosing TheJ.Ca as your source for Canadian Jewish News.

We do news differently!

Our positioning as a Zionist News Media platform sets us apart from the rest. While other Canadian Jewish media are advocating increasingly biased progressive political and social agendas, TheJ.Ca is providing more and more readers with a welcome alternative and an ideological home.

We revealed the incursion of anti-Israel progressive elements such as IfNotNow into our communities. We have exposed the distorted hateful agenda of the “progressive” left political radicals who brought Linda Sarsour to our cities, and we were first to report on many disturbing incidents of Nazi-based hate towards Jews across Canada.

But we can’t do it alone. We need your HELP!

Our ability to thrive and grow in 2020 and beyond depends on the generosity of committed readers and supporters like you.

Monthly support is a great way to help us sustain our operations. We greatly appreciate any contributions you can make to support Jewish Journalism.

We thank you for your ongoing support.

Happy reading!

Thank you for choosing TheJ.Ca as your source for Canadian Jewish News.

We do news differently!

Our positioning as a Zionist News Media platform sets us apart from the rest. While other Canadian Jewish media are advocating increasingly biased progressive political and social agendas, TheJ.Ca is providing more and more readers with a welcome alternative and an ideological home.

We revealed the incursion of anti-Israel progressive elements such as IfNotNow into our communities. We have exposed the distorted hateful agenda of the “progressive” left political radicals who brought Linda Sarsour to our cities, and we were first to report on many disturbing incidents of Nazi-based hate towards Jews across Canada.

But we can’t do it alone. We need your HELP!

Our ability to thrive and grow in 2020 and beyond depends on the generosity of committed readers and supporters like you.

Monthly support is a great way to help us sustain our operations. We greatly appreciate any contributions you can make to support Jewish Journalism.

We thank you for your ongoing support.

Happy reading!

cOMING SOON…….

Breaking News

Recent

Features

News

Current Events

Opinions

Politics

Religion

Culture

Memoriam and Obituaries

PodcastS

Terms and Conditions

Privacy Policy

About Us

Advertise with us

contact 

Subscribe Now

Receive the latest in community & international Jewish news direct to your inbox

© 2020 THEJ.CA, All Rights Reserved

Terms and Conditions

Privacy Policy

About Us

Advertise with us

contact 

Subscribe Now

Receive the latest in community & international Jewish news direct to your inbox

© 2020 THEJ.CA, All Rights Reserved

Subscribe Now

Receive the latest in community & international Jewish news direct to your inbox

Terms and Conditions

Privacy Policy

About Us

Advertise with us

contact 

© 2020 THEJ.CA, All Rights Reserved

Previous
Next